Faculty of Liberal Arts, Asian University-Thailand
Download this position announcement as a one-page pdf
The Programme Leader, in collaboration with the Dean, and reporting to him, is responsible for:
• leading the M.Ed Programme in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL);
• extending and revising the Faculty's curriculum through re-design and re-configuration of the existing M.Ed degree and design of new degrees and courses in education;
• quality assurance in the Department of Education, including attendance at relevant meetings and contribution towards the good order of the Faculty quality assurance manual;
• maintaining and strengthening the Department's overseas links, such as those with Auckland University of Technology.
The Programme Leader should have a Doctorate in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics or Education. He or she must be able to demonstrate the ability to make connections between linguistic or educational theory and practice in foreign language pedagogy. On a personal level she or he should be adaptable, capable of maintaining good professional relations with colleagues and students from a variety of backgrounds, and open to suggestions and ideas from others.
Specific requirements are:
• Doctorate in linguistics, applied linguistics or education from a reputable university
• Native or near-native command of English
• At least five years experience of leadership of, or teaching in, Master's Degree programmes of a similar kind to Asian University's M.Ed
• Specific expertise in at least two of the following areas: second language acquisition; language pedagogy; curriculum design; language testing; research methods; materials design and evaluation; English as an international language; corpus-based description of English; English syntax; English phonology
Additional desirable, but not essential attributes are:
• Teaching experience at school level as well as in higher education.
• A working knowledge of the Thai language
• Ability to teach EFL at intermediate to advanced levels
• Knowledge of the IELTS examination
• Willingness to represent the Department and Faculty at education fairs and on school visits throughout Thailand
Please send a letter of application, CV, a recent photograph and evidence of academic record to Robert Shrubsall, Dean of the Faculty of Liberal Arts, Asian University, P.O.Box 15, Baan Amphur Post Office, Chon Buri, 20250, THAILAND. E-mail: email@example.com